Today, we are providing you the best study plan for upcoming Railway Recruitment (Group D) or How to Prepare for Railway with most important Books. Also, we suggest some of the best books.
Railway Recruitment Boards invite ONLINE applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of various posts in various units of Indian Railways. Here is the official advertisement link.
Topicwise analysis of Previous Railway Group D paper
We know that many of you are just graduated or for the first time you are going to appear competitive exam or you might be thinking How to Prepare for Railway Exam. After a lot of research on previous paper of 2008, 2013, 2014 of different RRBs, We are sure that General Knowledge, basically General Science will play the major role. If we talk about Mathematics/ Quantitative Aptitude, the number of questions from this topic will be somewhere between 20 to 25 questions. The last topic is General Intelligence or Reasoning, this topic hardly will carry 10 to 15 questions. Below we provided a pictorial representation of topics with the number of questions.
Most Important Topics for How to Prepare for Railway Exam
As we have already told that, the maximum number of questions will be from General Knowledge / General Awareness including General Science. So we have prepared most important topic lists.
Railway asks questions slightly different from other central examinations. General Science is very very important, as most of the questions will be from Science (10th level). You need not worry about science, just read Lucent GK, that will be enough for the Science section.
Some Must-Read Science Topic:
- Digestive System, Nervous System, Functions of Brain, Nutrient & Nutrition, Protein, Vitamins (Scientific name, Functions, Disease cause), Some important Hormones and glands, Skeletal System.
- Measurement and Units, Motion and waves, Light, Work Energy, Heat and temperature, Nuclear Physics, Important Laws and theories, Some common facts about Human body, Different branches of Science, List of Scientific Instruments.
- Miscellaneous Science questions from Lucent Objective Gk book and from our website 🙂
Click here to buy Lucent Objective GK, directly from Amazon with cashback
- Ancient India: Indus Valley Civilisation, Vedic Age, Religious Revolution, Jainism, Mauryan Empire, Gupta Period.
- Medieval India: Glimpse of Delhi Sultanate, Khilji Dynasty, Tughlaq Dynasty and Lodhi Dynasty (Only Important points, not in details), Study Mughal Empire in details with Maratha Age.
- Modern India: Mug up all the Modern India Section such as British East India Company, Important Britsh Policies, Revolt of 1857, Governor Generals name and their important rules and policies.
- Miscellaneous History Questions from Lucent Objective GK book and also from our website 🙂
Click here to buy Lucent Objective GK.
- Solar System, Latitudes and Longitudes, Geosphere, Hydrosphere, the Physiographic difference of India, Rivers of India, Soils of India, Cropping Seasons.(Main points of the given topics only)
- Lucent Objective GK miscellaneous Geography Questions.
- Constituent Assembly, Salient features of the Indian constitution, Important Articles, Union Legislature or Parliament, and other important topics if time allowed.
- Again we suggest going through Lucent Gk.
- Prepare after completing all other topics. Only Basics
- In this part covers upcoming International Events venue, Headquarter of Important Organisation, Important Days, First In India, First in the world, Basic Computer Questions, Awards, Full forms, Father of, Sports event winner, Chairman of Important Organisation. Important Committee and their head.
- Countries with their capital, National Parks and wildlife sanctuaries, Superlatives, etc etc
- Lucent will be enough. Try to finish the book 2 to 3 times, as we have plenty of time.
How to prepare quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Section:
For quantitative aptitude, practice questions mainly from work and time, simplification, average, train problems, etc etc. We recommend R.S. Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude book for this section.
Click here to buy Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal.
For Reasoning, practice solved papers of previous railway examinations will be enough, no need to buy books. Additionally, you can buy R.S. Aggarwal Non-Verbal Reasoning, it will cover all the government Examination.
Here is the link to buy it from Amazon.
Lists of All the Important Books for Railway Group D preparation:
- Lucent GK (Very Very Important )
- Lucent Objective Gk (Important)
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal (Very Very Important)
- R.S. Aggarwal Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Group-D (CBT) 2018 by GKP Publishers (Most trusted brand)
Furthermore prepare hard as this is the opportunity to get an awesome job in Indian Railways. If you have any questions regarding the study plan, you can comment below, also if you like our study plan please share it with friends. Do visit our website regularly for amazing articles, study materials, job notification etc.
Again All the Best.